Apple cider vinegar has been used for many centuries with recorded uses as early as 5000 BC. Rumor has it that apple cider vinegar was one of Cleopatra’s favorite beauty products. Today it is used for everything from combating heartburn to getting rid of fevers to eliminating acne. I love this magical liquid and use it several times a day, everyday.
The Right Kind of Apple Cider Vinegar
It has to be raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the mother. Find it here. It is very inexpensive so there is no reason to not get a good quality vinegar. You will see a dark, cloudy substance in your jar. That’s the mother. Here’s a bit about the mother:
- The mother is the result of natural enzymes and minerals in the vinegar.
- The mother is killed when the vinegar is over processed, over heated, pasteurized, filtered, and altered.
- The mother is used to make more vinegar (hence the name “mother”).
- You can eat, drink, & use the mother topically. It’s very safe and nutritious.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar isn’t called “The Golden Liquid” for nothing! There are so many benefits, both when taken internally and used externally.
- Enzymes (including amino acids and apple pectin)
- Minerals (including calcium, potassium, and magnesium)
- Vitamins (including A, C, and E)
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Helps control weight by increasing your metabolism, suppressing your appetite, and reducing water retention
- Promotes digestion & ph Balance
- Helps soothe dry & sore throats
- A powerful detox
- Helps maintain healthy skin due to high levels of antioxidants
- Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
- Soothes irritated skin and reduces acne
- Relieves muscle pain from exercise
- Lowers cholesterol
- Gets rid of dandruff
- Boosts energy
- Relieves nighttime cramps (because of the high levels of potassium)
- Gets rid of bad breath
How to Get Your Daily Dose
So now that you know apple cider vinegar is magical, what next? The recommended dose is 1-3 tablespoons a day. Consuming just 1-3 tablespoons a day is enough to keep indigestion, fatigue, high cholesterol, and aches far away. Here are some recipes and tips on how to use it.
- Easy Morning Detox & Energy Drink (I drink this EVERY morning. Great immune booster, energy booster, and preventative care)
- 5 Amazing Drink Recipes (including cranberry zinger and tomato cider)
- Pick-Me-Up Drink
- For a fun twist, here is Homemade Hard Cider from And Here We Are
- Make Your Own Vinegar from Nature Moms
Cold & Flu Remedies
Super Soft & Dandruff-free Hair
- No Poo (Uses apple cider vinegar as conditioner. I use this method.)
- Hair Rinse
- Hair Detox Mask
- Secret to Beautiful Hair
Natural Cleaning & Household Tips
What are your favorite ways to use apple cider vinegar?