I do little detoxes every day. I drink this lemon detox drink every morning. On days that I oil pull, I oil pull first, then drink this. There are many variations on this lemon detox drink and you can mix it up however you want. I have tons more energy on days that I drink this in the morning.
Lemon Detox Drink Recipe
Mix any of the following:
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (it has to be raw, unfiltered, with the mother)
- Juice from 1 lemon (I like this citrus juicer / squeezer)
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (find it here)
- 1-2 tbsp. Honey (raw and local is preferred, if unavailable, this one is great)
- Water – You can dilute this as strong or as weak as you prefer. I usually add about 1/4 cup water.
Benefits of each ingredient in the lemon detox drink:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (acv) has lots of minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. It has to be raw, unfiltered, and with the mother. You will see a dark, cloudy substance in your jar. That’s the mother. Here’s a bit about the mother:
- The mother is the result of natural enzymes and minerals in the vinegar.
- The mother is killed when the vinegar is over processed, over heated, pasteurized, filtered, and altered.
- The mother is used to make more vinegar (hence the name “mother”).
- You can eat, drink, & use the mother topically. It’s very safe and nutritious.
ACV is great for digestion. If you suffer from indigestion, don’t get commercial antacids. Drink acv daily instead. . Read more about the many health benefits of vinegar here. Here are some benefits of acv:
- Balances pH levels
- Lowers cholesterol.It’s pretty magical stuff
- Cleanses your system leaving your skin glowing & clear
- Gives you more energy.
- Reduces bloating & water weight
- Suppresses appetite (because it balances your pH levels and thus your glucose & insulin levels making you fell satisfied longer).
- Can help with muscle aches and pains
- Lemon Juice: Another acid and works very similar to acv. You can drink either one or mix both together. I mix them both together.
- Cayenne Pepper: Lots of good stuff in this little spice.
- Improves digestion
- Reduces bloating
- Increases blood circulation.
- Breaks up mucus and toxins in blocked and clogged arteries, making it great for heart health
- Honey: It is ideal that you use raw LOCAL honey. Honey is made by bees from pollen. So you want local pollens in your system. It will help tremendously with seasonal allergies. Since you are ingesting what you are reacting to from allergies, you are building an immunity. Raw honey has probiotics which are great for digestion. If you do not like the taste of the vinegar & lemons, add honey to sweeten the drink.
- Elderberry Syrup
- Gelatin (joint & bone health and great for your skin; Read more about gelatin here.)
A lot of people say to use warm water. I do not. I use cold filtered water and I see results. Your body temperature warms the water so quickly that the water temperature doesn’t matter a lot. So if you want to be a purist and do the “best practices” on this, use warm water. You can do as much or as little water as you want for taste. I add a couple tablespoons.
My son loves to get a little detox action, too! He loves to like the lemons after I juice them! I don’t give them them to him everyday, not even once a week (too much acid for his little teeth). But every once and awhile I let him suck on the lemon because he loves it.
- 20 Unbelievable Reasons to Start Your Day With Water & Lemon – La Healthy Living
- The Benefits of Lemon Water in the Morning – Nature’s Nurture
- Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water – Holistic Health Herbalist
- Easy Daily Liver Cleanse – The Sprouting Seed
- Top Surprising Reasons Why Cayenne Pepper Should Be Used Daily – La Healthy Living
- Cayenne Pepper Can Stop a Heart Attack In Its Tracks In 30 Seconds – Holistic Saffron
- The Many Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar – Thank Your Body
- Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar – The Crunchy Moose
- The Benefits of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – Holistic Health Herbalist
- Top 10 Natural Remedies for Sinus Infection – La Healthy Living