- 1/2 cup shea butter (organic, raw, and unrefined like this one)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (organic and cold pressed like this one)
- 1/4 cup jojoba oil (organic, cold press, and unrefined like this one)
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E liquid ( like this one)
- 30 drops of essential oils from the above list (my favorite combo is 10 drops of cypress, 10 drops of lemon, 5 drops of fennel, and 5 drops helichrysum)
- Heat shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler on medium low. Stir until the oils melt, just a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the jojoba oil, vitamin E liquid, and essential oils.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or 2 until chilled. You will have an off-white, almost solid (not quite completely solid).
- Mix with a hand mixer for about 10 minutes until you have soft white peaks (like whip cream).
- Store in a glass container. These jars are perfect.
- Massage this towards your heart to encourage blood flow (i.e. start at your ankles and work up your legs; start at your wrists and work up towards your shoulders).
- Your body butter is good for about 6 months. Store at room temperature. During hot weather, the body butter may slightly melt. You can store in the fridge if this happens (or if you just like a cold body butter).
- Note: Just like with dry body brushing , I do not recommend using this body butter at night. These circulation boosting essential oils get your blood flow all worked up and is very stimulating! It can disrupt restful sleep.