Say goodbye to short, sparse lashes and hello to fluttery, enviable eyes! With these tips you don't need to rely on expensive serums or extensions. Keep reading to get DIY treatments, lesser-known beauty secrets, proper nutrition, and lash-friendly habits. It's time to ditch the gimmicks and get naturally long and luscious lashes!
Tip #1: DIY Lash Serum 3 Ways
It's super easy and inexpensive to make an effective eyelash serum. First, let's look at ingredients that eyelashes love:
- Castor oil is the star of a DIY lash serum. It's packed with antioxidants, vitamin E, omega-6 fatty acids, triglycerides, and proteins.
- Aloe Vera is moisturizing and nourishing for eyelashes and promotes healthy growth and prevents breakage.
Lavender, Cedarwood, and Frankincense Essential Oils
- Lavender, cedarwood, and frankincese are all gentle oils that can be used diluted to condition and nourish your eyelashes.
- Use 2-3 drops of essential oils per 10 ml / 2 teaspoons serum.
- Get the best deals & a discount code for essential oils here.
3 DIY Lash Serum Recipes:
This is a create your own adventure serum! You can mix and match any of the above ingredients to create your serum. Here are 3 combos to try:
- Castor Oil alone will provide lash growing results
Lash Serum #2:
Lash Serum #3:
- Fill a small dropper bottle or empty mascara tube (get a new, clean one -- don't reuse an old mascara tube) with your preferred ingredients.
- Apply nightly on clean, makeup-free lashes. If using a dropper bottle, you can apply with a cotton square or cotton ball.
- Wash off in the morning before applying makeup.
- Your serum can also be applied to your eyebrows.
Nourish Your Lashes From Within
Eating foods and taking supplements full of vitamins and minerals that eyelashes love is a great way to naturally boost your lashes. Here are the things your eyelashes love and how to get them in your diet:
- MSM / Methylsulfonylmethane is great for hair, skin, nails, joints, bones....and eyelashes!
- Find it in eggs, fish, meat, nuts, and beans.
- My favorite MSM supplement is Sulfurzyme. My hair, skin, and nails love it!
- Food grade diatomaceous earth is high in silica which supports hair growth including eyelashes.
- Be sure you're using food grade!
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon per day in water and drink.
- It's important to increase your water intake when taking diatomaceous earth.
- It's best to take diatomaceous earth intermittently -- for example: a week on & a week off for 3 months then take a month off then repeat.
Now you have your lash serum and supplements ready to go! Here are some daily habits that will boost your eyelash health:
- Be gentle with your eyelashes. They are delicate. Don't be harsh when you wash them, remove makeup, etc.
- Remove all makeup from your eyes before you go to sleep.
- Limit extensions and false lashes use. Glues and adhesives are rough on your natural lashes.
- Pay attention to ingredients in mascara and eye makeup. Some ingredients to avoid inlcude parabens, synthetic dyes, aluminum, formaldehyde, and thirmerosal.
Pin this article to save it for later!
Also check out: