It’s officially fall! You don’t get more quintessentially fall than pumpkin pie. Well, pumpkin pie and dry, itchy winter skin. So I whipped up this sugar scrub to get rid of my dry skin and quench my craving for yummy, spicy smells! I used my Young Living Essential Oils: Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg & Ginger for a seasonal combination of scents! This sugar scrub recipe is natural and 100 % chemical free. It naturally removes dead skin and leaves skin glowing and healthy. This sugar scrub also makes an amazing inexpensive gift for the holidays for friends or family!
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup sugar (I use an organic cane sugar like this one)
- 1/4 cup oil of choice (I use olive oil or coconut oil – see note below)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 8-10 drops each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger essential oils (see note below)
- Combine all ingredients
- Store in a glass container
- Use as a full body scrub to exfoliate
- Coconut oil is my favorite oil to use topically for skin. However, coconut oil can sometimes separate and float to the top of the container. In cold temperatures, it might solidify at the top of jar. A quick stir with your fingers will fix that. If you prefer, you can use olive, avocado, or almond oil. If you use coconut oil, if it is solid when you mix the ingredients, melt it before adding it to the other ingredients.
- To get added immune boosting benefits, use therapeutic grade essential oils. I always use Young Living oils. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger all have immune boosting properties when using pure, therapeutic grade essential oils.
You Might Also Like
- For more natural, DIY beauty tips, check out my ebook, The No Poo Method, Your Guide to Natural Hair Care.