I use this anytime anyone in my house even thinks about sniffling, coughing, or sneezing. It's great for preventative care (like when something is going around your child's school) & boosts immunity. Next time you feel like you're coming down with something, give this a try.
Why GOOT (Garlic Oil Ointment Treatment) Works
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid that kills bacteria and viruses. (Source)
- Garlic has natural antibacterial, antiviral, & antifungal properties and is a decongestant. Rubbing this ointment on your skin transfers raw garlic directly to your bloodstream. (Source and source)
How to Make & Use GOOT (Garlic Oil Ointment Treatment)
Warning: This ointment does smell like garlic. It is stinky!! But it works. I would advise not using it before going out in public ;-)
- 8 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Optional: about 15 drops of essential oils. My favorites:
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until it you have a smooth paste
- Store in a cute jar in the fridge. It will keep for several months.
- Apply on the soles of feet. Cover with socks. Apply as often as needed every 2-3 hours.