Ok, I admit it. Like many of you reading this, I was skeptical. I kept hearing about essential oils from all the wacky people walking around smelling so awesome and I thought they were crazy. “Oh, you have a headache? Rub this behind your ears.” “Oh, your son is having trouble sleeping? Diffuse this in his room.” But I broke down and I tried a few of their suggestions. So do essential oils really work?
And guess what?! They WORK! Really work.
How Essential Oils Have Changed My Life
I have dabbled with oils a little over the last few years. I have used Peppermint oil for stomach aches, Lavender for sneezing, and have made some blends for tight muscles in my back. But over the last couple months, I have really experimented with essential oils and will never go back.
Now essential oils are a part of my daily life. Here are just a few of the ways that essential oils have won me over (like, really won me over):
- My 19 month old son woke up screaming in the middle of the night last night with a tummy ache. I rubbed some Lavender oil mixed with grapeseed oil on his tummy. He went right back to sleep.
- I have a long history of back troubles. I rub Pan Away on my back anytime I start to feel achy. My muscles relax quickly.
- I get muscle cramps and spasms in lower back and upper leg (yep, booty, too) when my sciatica acts up. Just this morning I was doing some stretches and a huge cramp in my leg started. When this happens, it usually takes me a good 10-15 minutes to stretch it out. I hobbled to my oils and rubbed Rosemary topically on the cramp. Gone in less than a minute.
- I diffuse Peace & Calming or Lavender in my son’s room at night for about ten minutes before he goes to sleep. He falls asleep in about half the time now.
- My son was sneezing last week. I rolled a Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, and grapeseed oil mix on the bridge of his nose. The sneezing stopped immediately.
- I made this mouthwash. Holy moly is it delicious! Even my less oily husband loves it! I use Peppermint, Lemon, and Thieves.
- I have used a white vinegar and water mix as a multipurpose cleaner for all surfaces for years. I added a few drops of Lemon or Thieves to the bottle. It smells delicious!
- I have been using helichrysum mixed with other oils to get rid of varicose veins and cellulite. This has been the most miraculous so far! It’s working!
- My mom was ill last month and she asked me to come detox her life. I brought her some essential oils. She’s hooked, too! She has been using them daily and she says her energy levels are up.
- I added Frankincense to argan oil for a face serum to combat wrinkles. My skin is more glowing than ever!
Why Young Living Essential Oils?
When it comes to essential oils, Young Living sets the standard for purity and authenticity. Young Living carefully monitors every step of the production of the oils from beginning to end through a unique seed to seal process, ensuring the purity of each essential oil and protecting nature’s living energy in every bottle. This unsurpassed commitment to quality means that you can be confident that Young Living essential oils are both safe and effective. I trust their essential oils above all others because they are pure and unadulterated and are manufactured for therapeutic use not just for smell.
BOTTOM LINE: There’s lots of fakes out there. Lots of diluted oils. Lots of mislabeled oils. LOTS OF OILS THAT ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM AND CAN HARM YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. Young Living is not one of them. Young Living is the real deal!
How Did I Get Started?
Everything you need to know is here. I got the premium starter kit. And I’m so glad I did! It came with almost all of the oils I have mentioned here and more! Plus, the diffuser. I have used the diffuser everyday since I have had it. Join my facebook group here. There are a lot of members. We ask questions, share testimonials, and learn about essential oils together.
Are You Ready To Join Me?!?!?
Sources & Studies
- Lavender: http://aromaticscience.com/lavender-essential-oil-in-the-treatment-of-migraine-headache-a-placebo-controlled-clinical-trial-2/
- Clove: http://jmm.sgmjournals.org/content/early/2013/10/25/jmm.0.064709-0
- Clove: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589904
- Peppermint: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8805113
- Peppermint: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17420159
- Thieves: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10412905.1998.9700958#.VCV7VmRdVQY
- Tangerine: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8646568
- Ylang Ylang: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18041606
- Orange: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8646568
- Lemon: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24688502