We are all over scheduled, over busy, and over being tired! We all know to eat better, exercise more, and sleep well. But sometimes it’s so hard to do when you are just so tired. Luckily, there are some easy changes you can make to add natural energy boosters to your daily routine.
1. Easy Daily Detoxes
You do not need to do a big, dramatic detox to see results. There are many gentle and natural detoxes that are natural energy boosters. Here are four very simple detoxes you can add to your daily life to clean your system and give your metabolism a well deserved kick in the booty. You can mix-and-match these and do just 1 a day or all 4.
- Oil Pulling is a very old remedy. You swish oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes (I prefer this coconut oil) then spit out the oil. The process pulls toxins and bacteria out of your mouth and gums. It’s a crazy detox that works. Reported results include reduced bloating, clearer complexion, whiter teeth, improved digestion, healthier gums, and increased energy. Read more about oil pulling here.
- Easy Morning Detox Drink – This apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper drink is my favorite energy booster! Apple cider vinegar and lemons are loaded with minerals & vitamins. They balance your pH levels, reduce bloating, and give you more energy. The cayenne pepper increases your blood circulation, breaks up mucus, and increases your metabolism. Learn more about this natural energy drink here.
- Dry Body Brushing – A dry body brush has natural bristles and a long handle. I use this brush. Body brushing should be done when your skin is dry, so before you shower. It reduces cellulite and removes dry skin. It also increases circulation, which is a very quick and easy way to boost your energy. Find out more about dry body brushing here and here.
- Detox Bath – A detox bath is one of the easiest healing therapies that can be done to facilitate and enhance our body’s natural detoxification process. Add epsom salt to your bath water to ease stress, flush toxins, and improve oxygen use. Find out more detox baths here.
2. Add Superfoods to Your Diet
Superfoods have high levels of nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. They boost energy and cleanse & detox our bodies. And many of them are down-right delicious! Just by adding 2 or 3 of these magical foods to your diet everyday, you will notice a spike in your energy levels. Add chia seeds to your morning smoothie, add raw cacao nibs to this superfood cereal, or spread avocado on your sandwich. Find recipes using these superfoods here. Here is a list of some of the superfoods:
- Acai berries
- Cayenne pepper
- Chia seeds
- Coconut oil
- Flax seeds
- Goji berries
- Green tea
- Kale, spinach & other green leafy vegetables
- Kefir (learn how to make it here)
- Raw cacao
- Raw honey (local is best, but when unavailable, I recommend this)
- Sweet potatoes
3. Walk More
Of course exercise and physical activity are necessary to keep your energy level up. And one of the easiest ways to get more exercise is to walk more. It reduces stress and burns fat. Find out more about the health benefits of walking here. Exercise delivers oxygen to your tissues helping your cardiovascular system work more efficiently, giving you lots more energy. According to this study, 10,000 steps a day is the sweet spot.. Use this handy pedometer to keep track of your steps.
- 0-5,000 steps a day is considered sedentary
- 5,000-7,499 steps a day is considered low active
- 7,500-9,999 steps a day is considered somewhat active
- 10,000-12,499 steps a day is considered active
- 12,500+ steps a day is considered highly active
4. Essential Oils That Increase Energy
This has got to be the easiest way to naturally boost your energy. A dab of oil on your wrist or a few drops in a diffuser and you are done! The oils do all of the work for you. Here are a few ways to use essential oils as an energy booster:
- Add about 15 drops to 4 oz. water and spray on linens or in the air as an air freshener
- Add a few drops to your bath water
- Place about 10 drops in a diffuser
- Dilute in a carrier oil and use as a massage oil or rub on your wrists and back of your neck.
I recommend these essential oils. Here are some energizing oils & blends: