We are all over scheduled, over busy, and over being tired! We all know to eat better, exercise more, and sleep well. But sometimes it’s so hard to do when you are just so tired. Luckily, there are some easy changes you can make in your daily life to increase your energy and boost your metabolism. Here are over 35 natural tips, tricks, recipes, and energy boosters.
Safe, gentle, and natural detoxes are great energy boosters and increase your metabolism. Environmental toxins, processed food, chemicals, & medications stress our bodies. Some of these factors can be avoided or limited, but some of the environmental toxins cannot be escaped. Green tea, ginger, and lemons are great detoxing foods to add to your diet. In addition, here are a few very simple detoxes & energy boosters you can add to your daily life to clean your system and give your metabolism a well deserved boost.
Essential oils have a natural aroma and many of them are very energizing. Here are a few ways to use essential oils as an energy booster:
- Add about 15 drops to 4 oz. water and spray on linens or in the air as an air freshener
- Add a few drops to your bath water
- Place about 10 drops in a diffuser
- Dilute in a carrier oil and use as a massage oil or rub on your wrists and back of your neck.
I recommend these essential oils. Here are some energizing oils & blends:
Snacks, Drinks, & Smoothies
Getting nutrient rich superfoods in your diet is an easy (& delicious!) way to boost your energy and leave you feeling satisfied longer. Nutrient dense foods include goji berries, avocado, maca, tumeric, ginger, garlic, flax seed, chia seed, and honey. Click here for a complete list of energy boosting foods and find out what a superfood is here. Here are some yummy recipes that are great energy boosters:
Coffee is a controversial topic. One week I read an article on why it’s the worst thing you could ever consume, and the headline the next week says to drink all the coffee in my house immediately. Coffee is full of antioxidants and the caffeine is a great metabolism & energy booster. For more info on the health benefits of coffee, click here.
Energy Booster Workouts
And of course exercise and physical activity are necessary to keep your energy levels up. Exercise delivers oxygen to your tissues helping your cardiovascular system work more efficiently, giving you lots more energy. Walking is an easy way to get your blood pumping. A common goal is 10,000 steps a day. Use this handy pedometer to keep track of your steps.
- 0-5,000 steps a day is considered sedentary
- 5,000-7,499 steps a day is considered low active
- 7,500-9,999 steps a day is considered somewhat active
- 10,000-12,499 steps a day is considered active
- 12,500+ steps a day is considered highly active
According to this study, 10,000 steps a day is the sweet spot.
Here are a few easy workouts:
- Workouts for a Healthy Metabolism
- Bedtime Yoga For Healthy Sleep
- 5 Amazingly Effective One Song Workouts